Hello! I’m Laura, a versatile pianist, composer, and singer-songwriter currently based in St. Petersburg, Florida. I play in all genres of music, acoustic or amplified!
- cocktail hour and background music: Classical, jazz, as well as folk, rock, pop, indie. Solo piano or accompanied voice.
- original music for special events such as weddings, births, or unique gifts.
- quality soundtracks for film, TV, web, games, and apps.
- transcription and studio session work
- compositions and performances in all styles, ranging from classical (Renaissance to 20th century), to rock, pop, funk, country, jazz, folk, ethnic, and other genres in between.
Recent Performance Highlights:
- Accompanist for the Unitarian Universalist Church, Arlington, VA (2016-2017)
- Musical Director for “Lukas: A Musical” at The Factory in Berlin, Germany (2015)
- Keys, backing and lead vox, instruments, and arrangements for “Banana Phone”, a fun Top 40 Wedding Band (2013-2014)
- Volunteer for “Musicians On Call” performing songs and music at hospital bedsides for pediatric patients and families (2013-2014)
A classically trained pianist and composer, I have played everywhere large and small, including concert venues like Irving Plaza, The Bitter End, and The 9:30 club as well as vineyards, restaurants, weddings, and other gatherings.
I studied piano, accompanying, music theory and history, early music, jazz, and composition at Virginia Tech and the Birmingham Conservatoire (Birmingham, England), where I graduated in 2000 with a Bachelors of Music with Honours in piano performance.
- Nord Stage EX Compact + stand
- Mics: Shure SM-58s, Shure SM-55
- Amplification: 2 x QSC 10
- Behringer Mixers (optional)